INSTAGRAM LAYOUT DEVELOPMENT

March 16, 2016



We liked the resolution of the photos here and the quality, however we felt it looked too clinical, repetitive and not sharp enough with the layout. 

























Ellie experimented with the colours of our images to give them more depth but we lost too much of the quality when they were uploaded to Instagram. We then changed the file from a JPEG to a PNG file and I edited the sharpness of the image further and the quality was much better. 


I made sure all our images were in the same sized squares for continuity and used the same size border for each photo giving a much more clean and professional look. 


I felt the theme was coming along nicely by this point, however I wanted more variety of content and variety of colour. Due to the fact we are aiming this campaign at a young audience (13-18) I wanted to make sure it was fun, playful and Moschino's 'tongue in cheek' humour comes across. 



We experimented with logo's and I added our chosen one as our display picture. I also added Ellie's gifs and my Boomerang's to the Instgram to give more variety. I also mixed up the arrangement to make it less repetitive. 



I also added in the Scream Moschino Snapchat image to promote our other platforms in our multi channel campaign.

The task to create an exciting and engaging Instagram page for a younger market of 13-18 was really fun, especially because Moschino are so adventurous and quirky with their content we knew we could go a bit mad with our content and involve humour. 

However at times this task proved challenging as I had to always look at the bigger picture and envision what the end result would like. Originally we wanted a Instagram theme with stories across each row of three, however in order to integrate all our content together we had to mix it up therefore strategic planning of each picture, gif and boomerang had to be done in order to ensure the content did not look random. Despite these challenges overall I am very pleased with the chosen layout shown below and I feel it really focusses on a younger demographic of girls with the language used, the phrases and the use of emoji's. 













You Might Also Like

0 comments